Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween! (belated)

I hope everyone who celebrates Halloween had a lot of fun! Art and I sure did! Since we got married I have wanted us to dress up as La Chilindrina and El Chavo, which are characters from a Mexican sitcom that is widely known by Latin America. If you are curious about what the sitcom was about, click HERE. I grew up watching this show and to this day can still watch it and laugh out loud just like I did when I was a kid. This show was filmed way before I was born and even now kids and adults around the globe still enjoy it! Anyway, like I said, we've wanted to dress up like two of the main characters for a while now. The problem has always been that you can't find a costume anywhere! I finally decided I would make our costumes. What a project! My costume took a few days to make, but it was so worth it! Art's was pretty easy, though. All in all, Art and I enjoyed making our own costumes :)

We ended up going to Hollywood for Halloween and let's just say we were a big hit! No lie, we got ambushed quite a few times for photos. I'll try and post a video on here so you guys can see we aren't lying! I guess other Spanish speaking people (even a few non-Spanish speakers) love El Chavo Del Ocho as much as we do :P It also didn't help that Art was having too much fun with it and people thought he was hilarious :P

I wish we would have taken a photo with our SLR, but when in a hurry, we always reach for the iPhone :P

Anyway, here is a photo of us:



Below is a photo of the original characters:




Before I end this post, I wanted to share the Super Mario pumpkin Art carved for me this year. He did a great job, if I do say so myself!

Pin It

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You just look amazing!!!!

I can only imagine the impact you guys had on our peeps in Hollywood. lol

Good job on making your on costumes...I say you make your own line an sell them..bet you anything you can make the big bucks $$$.

As for the pumpkin Art NEVER fails!!! Awesome pumpkin ;)

Happy Belated Halloween!

Hope said...

How clever! You guys look exactly the same. Great job! You even nailed the Chilindrina's sheepish smile in that picture! lol

Art, once again, we bow down to your pumpkin carving skills. We were going to try this year, but punked out last minute. So now it's just sitting there, probably going to make it into candy or something.

Blog Archive